We sit down to discuss the result of the greatest idea in comics. In the early 90s, and the height of both company’s popularity, Image Comics and Valiant Comics created a crossover called Deathmate. The result speaks for itself. In addition to the usual rantings and ravings:
- Only 10 words are required to describe Deathmate. Learn these words and sound incredibly smart in your next discussion of inter-company crossovers from the 90s.
- What is the Anti-Unity? We define what this monstrosity is, so you can avoid this dirth of goodness.
- Get a quick history lesson about the founding of Image comics. Impress your friends with this bit of trivia.
- What was the secret of Image’s success, and what does it have to do with selling hamburgers?
- If you are a super powered super dude, learn the best place to go to meet hot, single women that also have incredibly super powers.
- Many of the Deathmate books are not what you might call “good”, but which is the worstest?
- Have you been yearning to make some sense of Deathmate Black? If you are not an Image fan, something is missing to appreciate this book, find out what.
- Next time you want to to be the cool kid in the comic shop that talks smack about Valiant, you will be armed with these 7 distinct criticisms of the books.
- Is this the greatest selling crossover of all time? You are dying to know the answer to this question.
- One Deathmate book in particular is the poster child of the 90′s speculation bubble and crash. Find out which one so you can make your own poster!
- One thing that Armstrong’s contribution to this story gave us that you may never see in another comic book!
- Learn a fun arts and crafts project to do with all of the extra gold variant books in your collection.
If you want a double dose of Deathmate discussion, check out the Image Addiction podcast’s recent review of Deathmate. Click here to check out their site.
Check out these articles we mention in the show: