The Only The Valiant crew talks about the first issue of Magnus Robot Fighter from Dark Horse and Jim Shooter! Plus, some good stuff we’ve been reading recently, and a nice little discussion of the merit of premise vs. execution.
Plus! Action packed with:
- Robot ventriloquism (humanity is doomed)
- Shopping for battle tunics at Macy’s
- vacuums are not robots!
- The Mail damages comics…
- learn the secrets of getting paid to jibber jabber
- how to be a scab and influence people (or not)
- No San Diego variant for Magnus. Poor Magnus…
- Corsets are the secret to character design
- Mispronunciation is not tolerated
- Deep discussion of the virtue of 4 vs. 6! 5 vs. 8!
- Robot impersonations, and tones are not voltages
- Kitchens aren’t the only place for fridges anymore
- Fear of submission (and non sequiturs)
- Beware the Ides of July (no one believes this?)
- Was Siege just forced, or did it just suck?
- Hulk would slap down Juggernaut in a minute
- Without word balloons, it doesn’t count
- Library extortion, as measured in dollars. DOLLARS!
- You’d think it would be, but a premise that makes a woman’s clothes explode off every issue isn’t enough
- Arguments over Watchmen!
- HA! Give me my million
- Princess Mononoke, international success!
- Die cut! Hologram! Double Size! Fancy cover! Special backup! (coming soon)
If you are not listening at this very instant, you’re doing it wrong. Listen now!