OTV brings you the week in review! Here’s the best from around the web!
The exciting news was from C2E2, where Valiant had their first convention appearance and panel.
- Comic Booked covered the panel, with lots of tasty nuggets:
The Vine, will play a role in the story of Bloodshot as well, and the first two pages of this title will have “lasting implications” for the next year of the Valiant Universe.
- There are transcripts of the live tweets from the Valiant panel at C2E2, courtesy of Greg Holland of Valiantfans, and the folks at Bleeding Cool.
- Last of C2E2 coverage, Newsarama covered the Valiant Panel.
- Also on Monday, Diamond Scoop caught the wave, and looked back through the history of X-O Manowar publication.
- Oh yeah! and Sean put up a Compost Pile column to talk about the July Solicitations from Valiant Comics.
- Newsarama put up Valiant preview art, including a lot of really great stuff, including the cover to Bloodshot #2, and interior Bloodshot and Archer & Armstrong pages.
- CBR published their C2E2 Valiant coverage, including an awesome splash that shows the characters from the Valiant books coming this summer, plus some extras: Rai! Zephyr! Is that Kris? And, Eternal Warrior’s arm!
- Stash My Comics held an interview with Kevin Van-Hook, co-creator of Bloodshot back in the 90s
- Pretty much every one posted up a six-page preview of Harbinger. We’ve seen these pages before, but now they are in their finished, lettered form. The interesting reveal in these pages is that Pete doesn’t seem to be able to control all those voices in his head, though it looks like some good drugs will help with that.
Friday brought us news of a bunch of appearances:
- Valiant Comics is gonna be at the Calgary Expo on April 27-29, and X-O Manowar artist Cary Nord will be attending as well
- On Free Comic Book Day (May 5th), Harbinger writer Joshua Dysart will be at The Comic Bug in Manhattan Beach to sign books
- Also on Free Comic Book Day, X-O Manowar writer Robert Venditti will be at Jim Hanley’s Universe in Manhattan (New York version, not the Cali beach version) to sign books
It’s been a fun week for Valiant!