You have checked out this week’s charity auctions, right? Just checking, they end tomorrow.
On to the week in review!
- OTV Episode 70 was released – Everything you need to know about Valiant Comics to be ready for the relaunch. Plus, news and an interview from C2E2
- Newsarama posted an interview with David Aja about designing the Valiant characters.
Some cool tidbits from the David Aja interview, it includes character designs of Timewalker and the X-O Wolf Class armor.
- The first advance review of X-O Manowar #1 is out, and the review is good
- We also got the first hints that X-O #1 might be a sell out!
Seems to be a video and reviewsort of day.
- video interview with Atom! Freeman
- Another video, Josh Johns and Dinesh Shamdasani show off the QR Code talking variant cover, hot off the presses!
- MTV Geek hosted an (written, not video) interview with Joshua Dysart, writer of Harbinger. He always drops these great bits of information abotu building a Valiant Universe, like this one:
One of the things that is tricky with these big shared universes in comics is that their idea space gets so crowded. Magic, technology, aliens and super science all blend together to create this sort of manic universal cosmology that makes the original myth-structures seem freaking anemic.
I thought Thursday was going to end up a pretty quite day, then bam!
- Initial orders of X-O Manowar #1 reported at over 42,000 copies
- We published an article to put the 42,000 order for X-O Manowar #1 in some perspective. Summary: if trends continue how they have, it will be the number 1 non-Marvel, non-DC book in May.
- In the wake of this, Rob Liefield expressed some doubt over the numbers, and Warren Simons responded
It wasn’t the “twitter war” that some characterized it as, but it was interesting. By the way, you are using Twitter, right? And you’re following these folks, right? (and following us too, right?)
- The Examiner hosted an interview with Robert Venditti, and posted a review of X-O Manowar #1
- CBR TV has a video interview with Robert Venditti and Warren Simons
- And last of all, OTV posted our review of X-O Manowar #1 (we like it)