What a great week!
Strangely, this week didn’t really see us receiving a lot of information, but this week was all about quality, instead of quantity.
- Comic book sales estimates for May 2012 were released, and we got to see how X-O Manowar stacked up. X-O Manowar sold over 42,000 copies, making it the second highest selling title (after Walking Dead) amongst titles not published by Marvel or DC
- Many comic book reporting sites focused on the high sales of A vs. X, and how Walking Dead is selling boatloads, but we here at OTV have the Valiant angle on the sales number
Also, Harbinger just came out, and reviews are still coming in.
- There are reviews of Harbinger #1 at The Beat, over at Geekasms, and on the War Rocket Ajax podcast (minute 24)
- 16 Bit Monster lists Valiant as part of the 5 must read comics of the summer; the other 4 titles listed are pretty good too
- and quietly, over on Twitter, V-Ditti tells us X-O Manowar readers: Expect a teaser image about the series’ second arc tomorrow
On Tuesday, we got a killer teaser – Enter: Ninjak
- Everyone on the internet reported on this teaser
- Interestingly, many of th places assumed that the teaser meant that Valiant planned to launch a Ninjak series in September, but those in the know knew that the plan is for Ninjak to appear in X-O Manowar #5 in September
New Comic Book day! What did you get today?
- Comic Impact Podcast discusses Harbinger #1 as their pick of the week
- Valiant continues to release classic issues in digital format, on Wednesday they released Bloodshot #6, incidentally, the first appearance of Ninjak!
- USA Today reports on the return of Ninjak in X-O Manowar #5
- MTV Geek has the Ninjak teaser, plus a preview of the variant cover to X-O Manowar #5
- IGN also reports on Ninjak appearing in X-O Manowar, with a preview of the cover to X-O Manowar #6
- Interview: CBR talks to V-Ditti about Ninjak and X-O
- Aja Alert! David Aja shares some of the design work he has done for Valiant, check out his work on X-O Manowar, on Archer & Armstrong, and on Bloodshot; awesome work!
- Bleeding Cool has Valiant Comics solicitations for September, 2012
- To round out the week, Newsarama interviews Warren Simons and Patrick Zircher about the return of Ninjak, with images of character designs, and the cover to Harbinger #4