A Shadow is cast on this week’s news, and emerging from that shadow are the first hints of the Shadowman that is to come.
Enough about shadows, it’s the weekend! Grab your coffee and catch up on the week that was.
- Our friends at the Comic Book Page Podcast discussed Bloodshot #1 in their weekly comic spotlight. They do a great show, and say a lot of positive things about Bloodshot. Check their show out!
- The Stumptown Trade Review has a video interview with Robert Venditti from San Diego Comic-Con
- DreamWorks buys Classic Media. This may not seem relevant, until you realize that in addition to Casper, Little Lulu, and the Lone Ranger, Classic Media owns the Gold Key characters, Magnus, Doctor Solar, and Turok. It doesn’t look like the status quo of the licenses for these characters will change, Classic Media will still operate as Classic Media, just as a subsidiary of DreamWorks. DreamWorks is the company responsible for animated films including Shrek, Madagascar, and Kung-Fu Panda.
- Every comic book website on the internet has the Shadowman Teaser (including us)
- Robot 6 interviews Valiant editor Jody LeHeup
It’s new comic day! What did you get? Here’s what’s waiting for me in my pull box at the Isotope, the world’s grooviest comic shop:
- Godzilla #3
- Manhattan Projects #5
Godzilla is a fun monster-fighting romp from the minds of Duane Swierczynski (didn’t he write some Valiant comic?) and Simon Gane. It focuses on a rag-tag group out to take down our monster invaders. Good monsteriffic fun. Manhattan Projects is just crazy insanity in comic book form, from the minds of Jonathan Hickman and Nick Pitarra.
Not much else on Wednesday, except this:
- The Hour Cosmic Podcast has a discussion with Justin Jordan
What? Who? Read on, to the big news…
Valiant will publish its fifth comic title, Shadowman, starting in November, by the creative team of Justin Jordan (of Luthor Strode fame), and Patrick Zircher. The preview pages look phenomenal, and on the last panel on the last page… the return of a villain we’ve been waiting to hear about since this launch was on the horizon.
Plenty of sites have the preview pages, and a couple sites have interviews to add more info.
- CBR talks to Justin Jordan and Warren Simons about relaunching Shadowman, and how they are approaching the reboot of this character
- Newsarama has an Interview with Patrick Zircher and Warren Simons about the relaunch of Shadowman
- MTV Geek has an interview with Patrick Zircher about Shadowman, and has some cool character design artwork to show as well
- IGN has the preview pages, and includes some history of the Shadowman comic and video game franchise as well
- iFanboy has a preview, plus a look at one of the new Shadowman villain
Shadowman isn’t all.
- Just a bunch a sell outs! X-O Manowar #1 goes to a fourth printing, and Archer & Armstrong has sold out even before it hits the stands, and will go to a second print
So much happened this week that I felt like Thursday should have been Friday. But it wasn’t. Let’s see what happened on Friday.
- Comicosity starts us out with an interview with Fred Van Lente about the upcoming Archer & Armstrong comic
- Newsarama has an interview with Valiant’s BigWigs about what they’ve done, and their future plans.
- IGN has an interview with Justin Jordan and Patrick Zircher, and some more cool preview pages
Let’s start the weekend with another look at the great Patrick Zircher Shadowman cover:
What a long week it has been. I am ready for the weekend to start. Like, yesterday.
(Oh wait, it did. Have a good weekend!)